Job Posting – Senior Graphic Designer
Senior Graphic Designer
The Sr. Graphic Designer uses knowledge of current graphic design software and brand strategies to generate and manipulate graphic images and text for visual materials including but not limited to promotions, advertisements, packaging, and informative and instructional material through a variety of media outlets such as print and websites. The Sr. Graphic Designer is responsible for conceptualization and implementation of design solutions that meet presentation strategies from concept to completion. The Sr. Graphic Designer will play a lead role on projects as well will supervise and intermediate the junior designer(s) in creating concepts, layouts, and final art.
Responsibilities and Duties
Under general supervision the Sr. Graphic Designer will:
- Mark up and assemble final layouts for printing.
- Assist in the development of new campaigns, brainstorming, and execution.
- Prepare notes and illustrations for assembly and preparation of final layouts for printing.
- Liaise with external printers for printing jobs.
- Keep up to date technically and apply new knowledge to the position.
- Develop goals to prioritize, organize and accomplish work requirements.
- Conceptualize and design multiple executions of print and interactive materials
- Maintain the consistency of the brand throughout all products
- Help determine identities for new brands/sub-brands
- Research, evaluate, and recommend design trends, paper stocks (if applicable), interactive/design trends, and all aspects of design evolution
- Evaluate existing materials for brand consistency, accuracy of content, adherence to guidelines, and overall quality
- Assist in the maintenance of the asset database
- Assist with research and select stock images which follow the brand identity for clients
- Educate the organization on current design and brand trends
- Other duties as assigned and requested
The following qualifications/requirements are necessary for an individual to successfully fill this position:
- Minimum two year degree with graphic design focus plus 2 years design experience
- Have a strong sense of design and attention to detail
- Considerable knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Good understanding of marketing best practice
- Photography & Video Production a plus
- Video Editing & animation a plus
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, and type on keyboard; reach with hands and arms; talk and Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Work occasional evening and weekends and attend events as required.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal, professional and deadline-oriented.