Job Posting – Marketing Consultant
The MCs responsibilities include those of fulfilling our client’s marketing needs, while supporting AMS corporate initiatives. Providing strategic and practical marketing solutions that support our client’s company efforts.
Reports to: The Marketing Consultant will report to Director of Marketing & Creative Services.
Reporting to this position: None
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
AMSs clients are independent insurance/securities advisors. Our role is to develop, monitor, and consult on marketing that provides quantitative results:
- Work directly with business consultants to identify individual marketing needs for each advisor, to further build-out a strategy that aligns with each client objectives
- Develop and implement marketing promotions and/or strategies according to outlined objectives and available budget
- Study client’s company profile and operations to understand their marketing needs
- Conduct marketing research to identify trends and opportunities for clients
- Prepare detailed proposals and marketing plans
- Advise on client’s branding, positioning, communications and other marketing issues
- Provide direction to marketing efforts with the most effective methods and tools
- Monitor client’s marketing and analyze results
- Support client’s sales and lead generation efforts through regular activity and preparation of B2C events
- Evaluate client’s closest competitors to determine positioning and value for the client
- Work closely with the SMC to provide better understanding of various advisor needs
- Liaise with SMC, Sale, BCs and external vendors
- Work with SMC to provide quarterly reports to the Marketing Director, outlining MC-Client interactions, identify effective and ineffective campaigns or tools, provide overall analysis of quarterly efforts based on results, and suggestions for improvements in the upcoming quarter
The following qualifications/requirements are necessary for an individual to successfully fill this position:
- BS/BA in marketing communications or business relative field and/or 2+ years’ proven experience in a marketing consultant of similar role
- Understanding of marketing principles and best practices
- Ability to work with many deadlines within close proximity
- Strategic thinker and problem solver
- Apt in writing detailed marketing plans, reports, and proposals
- Excellent communicator and presentations skills (oral and written)
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills
- Proficient in all MS Office Suite products
- Working knowledge of marketing automation, CRM, and project management software
- Basic understanding of digital lead generation and digital marketing techniques
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work occasional evening, weekends, and attend events as required.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, and type on keyboard, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal, professional and deadline-oriented.