Job Posting – Life Sales Consultant
Life Sales Consultant
Under general supervision, assist AMS producers in their comprehensive analysis of their client’s needs for Life insurance. In addition, provide case design and product selection.
Reporting to this position: None
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In addition to the duties noted above, educate independent insurance producers on the products recommended and the design of the solution.
- Run appropriate case design illustrations.
- Conduct daily outbound calls to existing and potential new advisors on sales ideas, product innovations, including but not limited to follow-up calls on case design illustrations.
- Work with Case Mangers to provide revisions to illustrations as needed.
- Teach producer and/or staff how to use various carriers’ illustration software if they wish to run their own illustrations.
- Maintain up-to-date software for all carriers and be proficient in its use.
- Educate producers on how to access various carriers’ websites and how to download necessary forms.
- Be proficient in using relevant planning software as determined by VP of Life Sales.
- Participate in outbound calling campaigns as required.
- Conduct internal AMS training and new recruit onboarding calls as requested by V.P. Life Sales.
- Maintain accurate notes regarding conversations and or activity regarding a case in CRM.
- Work with VP of Life Sales to conduct trainings for new recruits or advanced training classes on Life products.
- Participate in or conduct webinar trainings for the field as requested by V.P. Life Sales
- Recognize when an annuity or other solution (in addition to or in place of Life, Disability or LTC insurance) is appropriate and direct the producer to the proper resource.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years applicable business experience and/or combination of experience and higher level education
- Must have clear understanding of IUL (Index Universal Life) and hybrid LTC products.
- Life/Health License required; other industry related designations preferred
- Ability to build relationships in person and over the telephone
- Strong communication, customer service and relationship building skills both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and database experience
- Travel may be required 10% of the time
- This position does not offer relocation. Only local candidates need apply.
Physical demands and work environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Read computer screens and mail, email, talk on the phone.
- Unpack and move supplies up to 25 lbs.
- Work occasional evenings and weekends and attend events as required.
- The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting
- Interaction with staff and customer