Job Posting – Annuity & Life Case Manager
Annuity & Life Case Manager
Role: Under general supervision, responsible for quality control for new annuity & life business case management functions. This includes, but is not limited to, obtaining medical offers, assisting in maintaining documents for in-house case management, accessing case management software systems, and handling of incoming mail. Position requires attention to detail, strong communication skills, and a high level of customer service skills.
Reporting to this position: None
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Case Management
- Track submitted life & proprietary annuity applications in case management software.
- Review all applications for completeness by performing quality control procedures.
- Order all necessary case requirements from carriers, vendors, and producers.
- Monitor case progress with both producers and carriers, and update software accordingly.
- Maintain detailed case progress in software and communicate all case updates to producers.
- Have knowledge of running term illustrations and ordering permanent illustrations from product specialists.
- Perform impaired risk inquiries to obtain tentative offers.
- Phone Communication
- Field incoming calls requesting case updates.
- Field incoming calls requesting forms, documents and website support for producers.
- Provide ongoing training to producers and/or their staff on annuity & life new business, processing and website features.
- Assist producers with electronic applications, including training and troubleshooting.
- Procedure/Documentation/Manual Maintenance
- Assist with procedural documentation to assist with various case management efforts.
- Assist in keeping manuals and other reference documentation updated.
- Performing quality control procedures on policies received and mail out accordingly.
- Handle incoming mail from agents, carriers, & vendors and distribute or mail accordingly.
- Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma required, Associates or equivalent a plus.
- Minimum Experience Required: 2+ years’ experience as a case management specialist or equivalent experience in the insurance industry or related industry that requires document processing.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and productively in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to build relationships over the phone.
- Strong problem solving, project management, and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to change.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and office equipment.
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work occasional evening, weekends, and attend events as required.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, and type on keyboard, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal, professional and deadline-oriented.